Placements are the time to show industry the knowledge and skills learnt in two years. We train students by improving their soft skills, time management, etiquette and correct usage of language. We prepare students by mock GD/ Interviews, debates on insurance issues, white paper reviews and presentations, Case study / discussion on IRDA guidelines, Situational puzzles – judging by their reaction, Mock Press / Mock Parliament, negotiation skills. We have around two guest lectures per week in our college on General Insurance, Reinsurance, Information Technology and Life Insurance. NIA also provides exposure to the students by industrial visits in Automobile (Motor), Manufacturing sector, Actuarial Institute, and Ports (Marine).
Since inception NIA PGDM boasts of a 100% placement record. There exists a symbiotic relationship of NIA with the Insurance Industry. Most of the Insurance & Reinsurance companies, MNC Brokers, Catastrophe modelling firms, financial firms, Consultancies, and IT companies recruit students from NIA. Our students have been placed abroad in countries like Dubai, Mauritius, Malaysia, London, Qatar, etc.
FINAL PLACEMENT PROCESS
At NIA, the Placement Process has traditionally been as follows:
- Recruiters are required to fill in the Recruiter’s Response Form with all the necessary details.
- The Recruiters are offered opportunities to build a strong on campus presence and appraise our students of your organization’s work culture and the career opportunities offered. This can be achieved through the following ways:
- Conferences, workshops, guest lectures, panel discussions and speaker series provide a good platform for academic interactions between the students and the recruiters. Your organization can participate directly in these events or have a collaborative partnership to establish a year round contact.
- The PrePlacement Talks facilitate the recruiters to best present their organizations to our students. It gives the students a chance to better understand your organization, its objectives, people and culture. It also helps in the formation of correct firsthand impression to enable informed decisions.
- These sessions can be arranged as per mutual convenience and display of promotional material on campus can be arranged though the Placement Office.
- With the onset of the Placement Season, Recruiters visit our campus to conduct various selection rounds:
- Written/ Aptitude Tests
- Group Discussions
- Personal Interviews
- Students preferences and the Recruiter’s selections are matched and the Placements are finalised at both ends.