Shri G. Srinivasan, Director joined the Academy with effect from 11th December 2018.
Shri G. Srinivasan has more than 38 years of experience in General Insurance Industry both in India and abroad. A well-known name in the Indian financial sector, he is the longest serving CMD of Public Sector Insurance Companies. His last appointment was that of Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the largest Indian Insurer, The New India Assurance Co.Ltd. Prior to joining The New India Assurance Company Ltd. in 2012, he was the Chairman-Cum-Managing Director of The United India Insurance Company Limited. Earlier he had served as MD of The New India Assurance Co. (Trinidad & Tobago) Ltd., Port of Spain.
In each of his assignments he has taken these organisations to new heights. He has been conferred with number of national and international awards for his extraordinary achievements.
He has held Chairmanship of:
- General Insurance Council
- General Insurance Public Sector Association (GIPSA)
- Governing Body of Insurance Council
- Governing Board of National Insurance Academy
- India International Pte. Ltd., Singapore
- New India Assurance Co. (T&T) Ltd., Trinidad & Tobago
He has been and is on the Board of several companies, to name a few:
- GIC Re, Mumbai
- GIC Housing Finance Limited, Mumbai
- Prestige Assurance Plc. Lagos, Nigeria
- Agriculture Insurance Co. of India Ltd., New Delhi
He was also the President of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
He is a Commerce Graduate from Madras University, and an Associate of Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India, and a Fellow of Insurance Institute of India.