Head of IT Department
Ph.D. (Computer Audit Management) - 2001,
MCA (Master of Computer Applications),
MCM (Master of Computer Management),
He started career as IT professional in late 80s. His experience encompasses IT related Training, Education, Research, Consultancy and Software Development. Initially, he worked in corporate organization as software Programmer till 1990, then worked as faculty at Fergusson College (Department of Computer Science) till 1995, then worked at NIBM (National Institute of Bank Management) during 1995 to 2005, in various capacities including Associate Professor and Coordinator of IT Department. While in NIBM, he was a member of BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) technical committee on IT-security. This committee is responsible for establishing and continuously developing Info-Security standards for our country India.
He has given consultancy services through several projects, to various banks including RBI (Reserve Bank of India), commercial banks and insurance organizations, on IT related matters.
He was an invited-speaker to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) to address Top executives in financial sector from various countries in Asia, on ‘IT Enabled Transformations’. Visited UK (England) for academic-purposes.
He has guided five M. Phil. (CS and IT) research students; all of them have successfully completed their thesis and have been awarded degree. He is registered guide for Ph.D. (IT) researchers of UGC-recognized University. He has also worked as PhD thesis external examiner.
Has been regularly giving services for many years as external subject expert, to Govt. of India established IT R&D organization, in their recruitment and promotion exercises for various technical positions.
Passed CISA (Certified Information Systems Audit) examination of ISACA (Information Systems Audit & Control Association, USA), in 2003.
Written two books related to IT. Presented/Published over 35 research papers/ articles (and gave special talks) on IT related areas, in refereed national and international conferences/seminars, refereed journals.
Won the ‘Best Research Paper’ awards in two national refereed IT academic conferences, in 2008 and 2010.
Worked as Editor for special issue on ‘IT& Insurance’ of ‘Pravartak’ journal of NIA.
Many times, chaired research-paper tracks in national and international academic IT conferences.
Conducts Insurance Technology Summits for CIO and CTOs of Insurance and IT companies, apart from conducting IT related training, research, education and consultancy related activities.
Areas of interest:
- IT applications in Insurance and Financial Services
- Managerial Computing
- Prototype Software Development in related areas
- Data Warehousing
- Data Mining
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Java - JSE, JEE -(GlassFish, WebLogic), JME, XML, Web Services & SOA
- Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling
- Info-Security and IT Risk Management.
Some of the Papers/Articles Published/Presented and special talks given in Seminars/Conferences:
1. Gave special talk on ‘Enterprise-wide Business Intelligence’ in University of Pune (UoP) sponsored research seminar on ‘Challenges in Data Warehousing & Mining’, Pune, March 16-17, 2012.
2. ‘Application of Data Mining for Motor Insurance Intelligence’, National Conference on Business Analytics & Business Intelligence, IPE, Hyderabad (Osmania University Campus), January 6-7, 2012.
3. ‘WEKA based Analytics on BSE, NSE and RBI Reference Rate’, National Conference on Business Analytics & Business Intelligence, IPE, Hyderabad (Osmania University Campus), January 6-7, 2012.
4. ‘Correlations Between IT Trends & Modern Management Practices’, National Conference on IT & Management, Sinhgad Business School, sponsored by University of Pune, during Mar 18-20, 2010 (Won the Best Research Paper Award).
5. ‘Computer-based Modeling Approach for Managerial Problems Solving’, National Conference on IT& Management, Sinhgad Business School, sponsored by University of Pune, during Mar 18-20, 2010.
6. ‘Healthcare Business Integration Using Open Source based GlassFish ESB and HL7’,International Conference on ‘Green IT & Open Source’, jointly organized by University of Pune, Computer Society of India & STES’ SIOM, Feb 20-22, 2010.
7. Gave invited talk on ‘Web Services’ in State-level seminar on Network Digital Technology (NDT10) under Quality Improvement Programme of University of Pune, at SIBACA, Lonavla, on Feb 18, 2010
8. ‘IT-powered Business Intelligence: Imperatives to IT & Business Academics’,International Seminar on ‘IT In Academics’ (ITA 2009), jointly organized by STES, University of Pune, Computer Society of India, and SIOM, Pune, February 20 – 22, 2009.
9. ‘eResearch Portal : Towards Web 2.0 aware Research Automation’, International Seminar on‘IT In Academics’ (ITA 2009), jointly organized by STES, University of Pune, Computer Society of India, and SIOM, Pune, February 20 – 22, 2009.
10. ‘IT-empowered Innovative Approaches for AAA Learning in Contemporary Academics’,International Seminar on ‘IT In Academics’ (ITA 2009), jointly organized by STES, University of Pune, Computer Society of India, and SIOM, Pune, February 20 – 22, 2009.
11. ‘Integration Technologies and Standards for Insurance Industry’, Banknet’s Fifth International Bank Tech Summit (IBTS’09), Mumbai, September 24, 2009.
12. ‘Deployment of IT-based Business Intelligence Systems: Retrospect, Introspect and Prospect’, National Conference on IT-based BI, IMT, Nagpur, in 2008 (Won the Best Research Paper Award).
13. Academic contributions in CD Deshmukh and FAIR (Federation of Afro-Asian Insurers and Reinsurers) Seminars at NIA:
i. Worked as Moderator for IT Track, 2010.
ii. Paper presented on ‘IT Powered Business Performance Management Through Balanced Scorecard Implementation’, 2008
iii. Paper presented on ‘IT Risk Management’, 2006.
14. Assurance and Excellence in IT-enabled Transformations in BFIS Industry: Opportunities for New Generation Professionals – Start Up, Pravartak, NIA, Oct-Dec 2005.
15. ‘CRM– Business and IT Integrated Strategies’, IT Heads’ Forum for CIOs and CTOs, NIBM, March 4-5, 2005.
16. ‘Using eCommerce as a Tool Revenue Generation and Increasing ROI’, Financial Technology Forum of Senior & Top Management from Banks and FIs, Mumbai, December 13-14, 2004.
17. ‘IT enabled Transformations in Banking’, Conference on Dynamics of Transnational Business - for Top Management from Banks and FIs, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 28-30, 2004.
18. ‘Towards Assurance and Excellence in New IT-based Banking’, RBI, CAB, Conference on‘Secured Technology Management’, August 2003, and also published in Arunav eNewsletter, NIBM, Dec 2003.
19. ‘IT Risk Management for Banks: The New Business of Managing Risk’, Seminar on New Basel Accord, February 7-9 2002, NIBM, Pune. The same paper was again presented (on special request by the organizers of the) Seminar on ‘Banks Moving Towards Risk Based Supervision’, NIBM, Pune, Mar18-20, 2002.
20. ‘IT Risks in Electronic Banking Environment: Issues and Suggestions’, Conference of Executive Directors of Banks in India, NIBM, Pune, March 7-8 2001,
21. ‘Y2K BCP Audit’, Workshop on Y2K Contingency Preparations, NIBM, October 25-27, 1999.
22. ‘Y2K and Business Continuity Preparations for Branches’, Workshop on Y2K Contingency Preparations, October 25-27, NIBM, Pune 1999.
23. ‘Need for Data Warehousing’, Conference of Chiefs of CPPDs and ALM Heads in Banks, July 01-03, NIBM, Pune, 1999.
24. ‘Y2K Testing & Post-implementation Audit’, Workshops on Y2K, Apr 29-30, 1999 (Mumbai), and May 14-15, 1999 (Banagalore).
25. ‘Data Warehousing: Emerging Tool to Support Managerial Decisions’, was submitted to IBA. This was done as a part of work done by the Committee on Technology Upgradation in Banking Sector, RBI, 1998-99.
26. ‘An Approach to EDI Implementation’, Conference of Chiefs of CPPDs and Principals of Staff Training Colleges, NIBM, Sept.17-19, 1998,.
27. ‘Computer Security and Audit: Emerging Challenges’, Conference of Chiefs of CPPDs and Principals of Staff Training Colleges, NIBM, September17-19, 1998.
28. ‘Emerging Challenges in Computer Based Information Systems (Focus: Data-Warehousing)’,Conference on MIS/DSS for Senior Executives, NIBM, September 10-12, 1998.
29. ‘Y2K Problem: The Biggest Challenge in Managing IT/IS Infrastructure’, Conference on MIS/DSS for Senior Executives, NIBM, September 10-12, 1998.
30. ‘Y2K Compliance Process (Focus: Rectification and Testing)’, Workshop on Y2K, World Trade Centre, Mumbai, June 29-30, 1998.
31. ‘Technical Note to Paper Approaches to Ensure Y2K Compliance‘, Working Group on Y2K Issues, (Reserve Bank of India), at IBA, May 25, 1998.
32. ‘IT and Business Planning for the Next Century’, Conference of Chiefs of Planning, December 4-6, 1997
33. ‘The Y2K Problem: Inspection Angle’,Conference of Chiefs of Inspection, NIBM, Pune, August 11-13, 1997,.
34. ‘A Systemic Approach to Combat the Y2K Problem’, Conference of Chiefs of CPPD (Computer Policy & Planning Deptt.), NIBM, Pune, July 28-30- 1997.
35. ‘Data Warehousing: What, Why, When and How is it to Us ? ‘, Conference organised by Computer Society of India - Business Industry Group, (CSI-BIG 96) on IT Vision-2000, Jamshedpur, September 1996.
36. ‘EDI: A Powerful Business Tool’, Conference of Chiefs of Computer Policy & Planning Department (CPPD), NIBM, Pune, August 1996.
91-020-2720 4013 91-020-2720 4013 / 4000 /4444
0 94230 56550 0 94230 56550