Address: Room # 11, NIA, Pune - 411045
Call - 02027204040(O), 02027204176(R)
PhD, Humanities and Social Sciences Department, IIT Bombay (Thesis on Agrarian Crisis and Farmers’ Suicides in India);
Rural Management (PGDRM) from Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA);
Associate, Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai
Areas of Interest/ Work Profile
Training, Research and Consultancy in areas of Financial Inclusion, Social Security Schemes, Micro, Social, Rural Insurance and Agriculture Insurance;
Training and Development work through Experiential Learning, Soft Skills Training, Self-Leadership and Personal Transformation Facilitation;
Teaching in Economics and Micro Insurance
Two years as Project Manager in Gujarat on Rural Development Projects by State and Central Government, NABARD and European Commission;
Six months as a Senior Project Consultant with Tribal Development Department, Government of Gujarat and
Joined NIA in 2007 as a Lecturer/Research Associate (member of core faculty team).
Certified Trainer in Design of Training and Direct Training Skill: by Thames Valley University, UK & Department of Personnel & Training, GOI;
Non Violent Communication Leadership Program: by Joy of Living and Learning Centre (A unit of Auroville International Programs, Auroville Foundation);
Self - Leadership Training, Bhav Samadhi, Business Intelligence: SSY, Pune;
Mystic Journey- Past Life Workshop: SETU, Building Bridges, New Delhi.
Member of Committees/Invite to Panels
National Resource Person - Financial Inclusion: Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY - NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India (2018- continuing);
2017-19: Member, Research Committee of Dada Purao Research Centre, Annapurna Pariwar, Pune (2018- continuing);
Panel Member in National Seminar on Microfinance and Micro Insurance, CAB-RBI, Pune; (2010);
Panel Member, Rural and Micro Insurance, ‘Money Plant’, financial literacy program by Doordarshan (2010)
Member, Committee for External Evaluation of Watershed project in Madhya Pradesh, AKRSP (I), (2006-07),
Member, Planning Committee of SGSY program, Bharuch District (2006-07),
Member of District Advisory Committee for Alternative Energy, Bharuch District (2005-06),
Member of Implementation Committee of Tribal Sub-plan, Bharuch District (2005-06),
Sponsored Research and Consultancy Projects
2018-19: Chapter on Micro Insurance for ‘Management of Insurance Services’ Course of IGNOU
2018-19: Chapter on ‘Agriculture Insurance’ for ‘Management of Insurance Services’ Course of IGNOU
2017-18: ‘Review of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) (Team Member);
2017-18: Review of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)’; Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
2017-18: Review and Design of KPA of Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd. Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd (Team Member);
2015-16: ‘Convergence of Social Security Schemes’ project DFS, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India (Team Member);
2014-15: Livestock Insurance Review Project, UIIC (Team Member);
2013-14: IFMR Project on Social Insurance (Secondary Data Collection on Social Security Schemes in States) DFS, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India, Team Member
2013-14: Assessment Centre for Senior Executives of Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd, Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.(Team Member);
2011-12: Study of Abhaya Hastham Scheme; SERP, Hyderabad (Coordinator and Principal Researcher)
2011-12: Study of IT and Finance Process of Social Security Schemes; SERP, Hyderabad (Coordinator and Principal Researcher)
2009-10: Impact Assessment Study for SERP, Hyderabad; (Coordinator and Principal Researcher)
Select List of Publications/ Papers in Seminars
- of Publications (National): 9
- Conference Papers presented: 03 (National) and 04 (International)
- Books / Chapters/ Edited Books: 02 (Chapters in Books),
- Singh Archana. 2018. Farmers’ Suicide and Role of Financial Capability, Accepted for poster Presentation in 92nd Annual Seminar of Agriculture Economic Society, Warwick, UK, March 2018
- Sing, Archana. 2018. A Decade since First Micro Insurance Regulation in India. Bima Quest: The Journal of Insurance, Pension and Management, Vol 18, Issue 1, ISSN-0974-0791.
- Singh, Archana. 2017. Overview of Micro Insurance Sector: Commentary, Bima Quest: The Journal of Insurance, Pension and Management, Vol 17, Issue 2, ISSN-0974-0791.
- Singh, Archana. 2016. “Farmers’ Suicide and Financial Capability: A Conceptual Framework”, presented in AIMS International Conference on Management, Organised by AIMS and MICA, Ahmedabad on December 26-28, 2016.
- Singh, Archana. 2016. “Financial Capability and Farmer’s Suicides in India”, presented in COSMAR 2016, The 16 thConsortium of Students in Management Research Organized by Department of Management Studies, IISc Bangalore on November 11 & 12, 2016.
- Singh, Archana. 2016. “Agriculture Insurance in India”, Bima Quest: The Journal of Insurance, Pension and Management, Vol 16, Issue 2, ISSN-0974-0791.
- Singh, Archana, Pushpa Trivedi. 2015. “Agrarian Crisis in India: Evidences and Reasons”, Published in proceedings of International Conference on Evidence Based Management, Department of Management, BITS Pilani. (ISBN:978-93-84935-18-4)
- Saini Gordhan K., S. K. Pandey, Archana Singh, Gurumurthy K. 2015. “Role of Empathy and Customer Orientation in Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment”, 6th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies. (ISBN: 978-81-920800-3-1)
- Singh, Archana. 2014. “Approach to Health Services for Low Income Households: Community Based Health Insurance Scheme”, Parvartak, March-August 2014, Vol VIII, Issue 1.
- Singh, Archana. Et al. 2014. “Abhaya Hastham Micro Pension Scheme: a Case Study”, Bima Quest: The Journal of Insurance, Pension and Management, Vol 14, Issue 1.
- Datta, S.K., Archana Singh and S.N. Dash. 2013. “A Holistic Approach towards Evolving Risk-hedging Options for People of Smaller Means - Policy Lessons from a Handful of Bright Examples in India”, Paper Presented at FAIR International Seminar on “Agriculture and Micro Insurance: Experience in Afro-Asian Region, Dhaka, and February 10-11, 2013
- Singh, Archana. 2011. “Impact of Social Schemes on Awareness about Insurance among Low Income Households”, Bima Quest: The Journal of Insurance, Pension and Management, Vol 11, Issue 2.
- Singh, Archana. 2010. “Micro Insurance: On the Path of Growth”, Asia Insurance Post, Mumbai.
- Singh, Archana. 2010. “Micro Insurance: Challenges and Issues”, Published in proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Insurance Sector, Institute of Technology and Management, Indore and LIC of India.
- Singh, Archana. 2010. Leadership Challenges in Growth of Micro Insurance, Paper Presented at National Conference on Strategic Management for Excellence, MIT College of Engineering, Pune and AICTE
- Singh, Archana. 2009. “Mutual Funds Investment: Starter’s Recipe”, Bima Quest, Vol 9, Issue 2.