Master of Management Sciences
Associate, Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
- Has 37 years of rich and successful career in the Insurance Sector, culminating in a leadership role of New India Assurance Company’s operations in the Caribbean as a Head of the Subsidiary Company in Trinidad & Tobago. The Company operated in Trinidad and Tobago and three other Island nations. Also instrumental in expanding operations into Guyana.
- Held the position of Dy. General Manager in the Corporate Office of New India having the responsibility for underwriting, claims and facultative reinsurance of marine hull & cargo, aviation and miscellaneous departments including liability. Also spearheaded the business process reengineering initiative of the company with a management consulting major.
- Before moving to New India, served for over 27 years in various positions across mostly Southern and Western India with National Insurance Co. Ltd., as Branch, Divisional and Regional head.
- As a Chief Regional Manager of Bangalore region having responsibility for operations in Karnataka had to his credit number of pioneering initiatives like bancassurance, auto tie-up, ISO certification of two divisional offices.
- Always pursued operational excellence with proactive & innovative approaches to product development, distribution channel & claims management and customer service excellence. Strongly believed in accomplishing the organizational goals through empowerment and development of people.
- Joined the Insurance Industry as Direct Recruitment Officer of GIC in 1979 and was trained under the aegis of College of Insurance, Mumbai.
- Was Managing Director from January 2009 to March 2015, The New India Assurance Co. (T & T) Ltd., Trinidad & Tobago before joining NIA as Chair Professor (Non-Life)
Training & Seminars
Number of General Management and Professional Programmes with National Insurance Academy, Strategic Management Programme with MDI, Gurgaon and number of International Seminars and Round Tables on Insurance, Reinsurance & Corporate Governance.
Areas of Interest:
- Emerging Trends in General Insurance
- Product Development & Innovation
- Claims Management
- Develop Intermediaries and Alternative Distribution Channels
- Business Process Reengineering
- Human Resource Development
- Project Insurance
- Reinsurance and Health Insurance